Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Perth Day 2: Swan Valley

After the awesome "Pho" breakfast, we headed to Swan Valley. Perth's Valley of taste. Imaging free tasting of chocolate, cheese, honey, wine etc. YES! The place to taste all of those for FREE is Swan Valley. But the top of our MUST visit place is Caversham Wildlife Park (no, you don get to eat the animals for free) where we can pet the animal & feed kangaroo... that will be covered in Part 3 (too much photo to hau lien)
 1st stop: Old Guildford Courthouse (Swan Valley Visitor Centre)... a must go place to get all the necessary info. Got the direction for CHOCOLATE & WINE testing place & a map for navigation.
 
  Some cottage near the visitor centre... waiting for hubby to relieve himself. I loved my new AUD2 stripe shirt I got from Cotton On :) It's so loose and big, can hide my bulging tummy... Si la, must start to exercise or else I only can fit into maternity clothes liaw lo
Stop by the river near the visitor centre...
Ducks swimming by
 Taking a short walk by the river...The weather is just so nice, ngam ngam ho. Even after chasing after Alexander here and there, I don't feel hot.
 What a great place for Alexander to run & play
 Alexander ran & "BooooooOOOO" the birds...
 White parrots... a lot on the trees..
 Enjoying the majestic view
 Alexander and daddy fishing **play pretend**
 Pretty horses
 How daddy wish he was the one kayaking down this river.
 This is the place a chocolate queen like me need to visit, Margaret River Chocolate. WHY?? Because of the Chocolate Buffet. Free flow of chocolate le... ALL FOR FREE! Got 3 BIG Bowls, white, milk & dark chocolate.. I could stand there ALL day. White choc is the sweetest... I like the milk choc.. not too sweet, just nice.
 The varieties of the choc truffles is astounding. Each choc truffle is AUD1.90
 Had a hard time choosing the choc truffles...
 I wanna try all (they are so tiny ba) but it's too expensive. So we got 2 to try.
 The chocolate tester... giving 2 thumbs up!
The REAL Hot Chocolate AUD4.90. It was really really thick... way too sweet... even for me.
 Daddy's drinking cappuccino (AUD4.50)... way too much cocoa but that's GOOD! Mummy loves! Spend RM42 for the above drinks & chocolate, which was our tea break + lunch.
 I got 1 BIG spoonful of chocolate for Alexander. He loved chocolate. Wonder why hor :P
 Got 2 choc bars... AUD10.90 (RM35). I would lov to get more but ... sigh...$$ is 1 thing, luggage space is another issue :(
Wine testing time! Since I don't drink wine, we picked 1 that was conveniently on the way to the wildlife park. I heard they have cheese tasting, so I dun mind tagging along with hubby for the wine testing. Or else I would just skip this part... hubby not really a wine person anyway.
 The vineyard is at the background. But we did not see any grape.
 And the wine testing begin....
 Daddy enjoying white wine. There were some cheese available to go with the wine. So I tasted those hahaha... without the wine. Beh pai seh 1. But daddy could not decide which wine he liked, so ended up we din buy any hahahah
Bright sunny day... good for some JUMPING!! Lovely lovely day!

(part 3 coming up soon)

No comments: