Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wonders of Photobook

I got this package not long ago from PHOTOBOOK... my hand is there for size comparison nia
Adventures of year 2008... a photobook about our travel to Shen Zhen, Hong Kong, Macau, Bali, S'pore & KL made in 2008. It's an annual compilation that I just love to do... photo editing, designing the album layout (the new version of photobook is great), squeezing in 1 year worth of memories into a 40 to 50 pages photobook. Just upload the completed album, pay $$ and it would arrived at your door step in a few days.
Adding to my collection of photobooks... I started since 2006 with the 1st book, Journeys in 2005. It is great to have something that you have made yourself, like my pre-wedding photo album... Everyone at our wedding was taking turns to flip through the photobook and they were all very impressed and thought it was very nicely done. Before I discover the wonders of photobook, I did my own DIY photobook with printed photos & caption printed or cut & paste from mag then paste on the album which was tedious.

This album was for the 2004 Langkawi Trip, with the air ticket, entrance ticket & shopping bill etc all in the album, like collage.
Another album for Sabah Trip in 2004, where I climbed Mount Kinabalu. I enjoyed the snorkeling trip to Pulau Manukan the MOST!I even got 1 album for all the local trips made... like to Damai for the Rainforrest Music Festival with the girls.I started to search about printing a photobook when I wanted to print a photo album for my cousin as a wedding gift. I found Photobook & my life will never the same again. I realized that it was a fantastic way to both store photos and present them. I loved flipping through the pages once in a while to reminiscent...I am over the moon with the photobooks that I have created. It has made me think about trying to take even better photos in the future to create more books. I got 2 magazine style photobook which I adore. And it make a wonderful gift too. I even gave it out as wedding gift to my parent & MIL & godparent each.
This A4 size magazine style photobook is cheaper compared to the hardcover photobook at RM192 for 40 pages.This is the latest photobook invoice for ~50 page A3 Hardcover Photobook and mayb my last order too.
I just finish doin the math of the $ spent printing all these photobook. Overall, I hav spent a few thousand (~RM2XXX) on photobooks. That's quite a lot of $ le.

hhmmm.... Now I'm comtemplating whether I should buy a PRINTER & DIY all my photobook or not???
Hubby seems to support this idea but he insist on getting a GOOD Photo Printer & make my money worth while. So now, I've started a TABUNG Printer as it cost a lot of $$$, hoping that my dream of owning a kick ass printer will be in my grasp soooooon.

3 comments:

willy said...

yaya.. sis.. do business la.. sure can earn some $$.. u r soo good in it.. my business next time u do liow..

faithlovechocolate said...

wow... so fast wanna do business liaw ar?

Anonymous said...

Great job, girl!