Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2008

2008 Rat Year Open House

I buka rumah on the 2nd day of CNY.

A cute pair of mousy le.. hopefully it will bring me Good Health & Abundance of Wealth (win mega win mega).
I was pretty confident that I can pull it off without much help but man was I wrong.
Aiming veli the high, this year decided to use the Japanese theme.
I even bought new paper lanterns to reflect my ideas.

But I would have failed miserably if my parent & brother have not help me. My father help with the eggs & fruit salad. My mum in-charged of the prawn & vege salad.
ME ... responsible for boiling all the material use in the sushi & fried the tamago aka "sweeten egg".haha... even the 1st ones to arrive had no choice but to give a hand too as I was too blur to get anything done. Lucky me, the 1st to arrive is a member of a Japanese Club. He offered to help & I willingly past my task to him. He even teach me the correct way to mix the rice & then proceed to roll the sushi to refresh my memory... hahahhaHere's me nervously biting my nail as I'm just not fit for this task man.
& now to show my teacher his effort is not lost, I made a almost decent looking sushi.
The new recipe of tuna +mayo+egg combo was a blast. After much practice, the sushi plate is now presentable. & my tummy was so full bcoz I had to eat all the failed sushi (which was a lot) & also both ends of the cut sushi. The left photo showed the Fruit Salad & Vege with Egg Salad made by my parents. I cooked miso soup 2. Here's my poor guest sitting on the floor: With lotsa customer "pong chang" my sushi stall , by 6pm all the food was gone.
The last group of friends came at about 8pm. A crazy bunch of people that's why I liked them to bits. I learned to play poker & "kui tok" until 10.30pm gambling.
A hectic day, with lotsa fun & laughter thrown into it making it all worth while but I'll not be doing it again next year. I thought the Japanese Theme was a great idea but I did not really get to chit-chat & catched up with guest as I was too buzy making the sushi & stuff.

Really Happy as I got PLENTY of COMPLIMENTS for my sushi.

4 comments:

Simon said...

Ngaiti!! Janet head so big! Block my 'handsem' smile. ehehehe.

faithlovechocolate said...

Don't worry .. still can c ur handsome face lar ....

Stitch said...

REMOVE @!@!!!!!!!!!

faithlovechocolate said...

hahah ... still hensome lor ....