Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 3: Bali - Ubud & Kintamani (part 2)

After the Barong Dance, our next destination was Kintamani. Ketut suggest that we have lunch at the Kintamani Restaurant which offer good view over the volcano. But according to my cousin the food there are overpriced & nothing special. So I told Ketut my wish of tasting the ever famous dish in UBUD: Babi Guling BU OKAOpen-air with NO fan, so HOT!!! The place only had low tables, so we had to sit on the floor...
Waited for quite some time as u can c, there are a lot of hungry tourist like me... Finally the dish was served & I was not disappointed... Very very crispy pork skin & tender pork meat & pickled vege. It was not too spicy which was my initial concern.
Hubby was very pissed bcoz his share of pork skin was not crispy but instead very tough. He was swearing a lot too as he was hot hOT HOT. Hopefully nobody nearby understand a word he uttered. The meal cost us Rp60000 (RM20) including drinks.
hehe... hav to thank my lucky star... manage to get a glipse of the main ingredient of the dish...After the satisfying meal, Ketut recommend us to walk around Ubud Market, famous for Balinese handy craft & arts... Instead I walk to K minimart as there got air-con & at the same time get some drinks. The toilet there r very clean & FREE too... heheh. Most other place need to pay a fee for toilet usage. Admiring some pretty handmade jewelry... But it was getting so HOT, we turned back after walking for only 2 minutes... hmmm, Ketut will b surprise to see us so soon. But with my sharp eyes, I saw a pretty temple by the road side. It's behind me in the photo below.It's called "Keluhuran Ubud". It's not a temple but a Palace.At the entrance... nice archAn old man placing offering on the alter...We walk around as it was not that hot with tress around... I even walk through a door that lead to a well kept pretty garden... Rice offering to some stones...I like this kind of lamp. After walking for a few more minutes, I can't wait to get into the car for AIR-CON... It's darn HOT!!! I was stewpig to hav wore that long sleeves shirt thinking I'll b goin to a mountain on that day, so better b prepared.Ketut drove to Kintamani using the scenic route I think... pretty sight like this all the way.Then hubby spotted this...Ketut stopped when we got nearer... BEBEK! BEBEK! Duck in Balinese language. Then we stopped by Tegalalang for the magnificent view of the Rice Terrance...After a short drive, we reach Kintamani, a cool 1450 meter high on the rim of caldera looking out over to the sacred, smoking volcano of Gunung Batur & Lake Batur.Check out the large lava flow on Gunung Batur...Much closer look...Much much closer look...Lake Batur is the largest lake in Bali and the region offers some of the most spectacular views to be found anywhere on the island.Ah... what a nice & windy place... plus a view to killThese are everywhere in Bali... tell me if you know what it's called.~con't~

No comments: