Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dim Sum at Joyous Shanghai

Joyous Shanghai Restaurant is located at the 2nd Floor of Lok Thian Restaurant in Sekama area. Remember hor the opening hours are from 9am on Sunday & Public Holidays, 11am on Weekdays & Saturday.

The tables were set even before we sat down. Tea was served immediately and the tea pot was left on our table.

I like the ambiance here. Quiet & peaceful, with traditional music in the air & cozy lights around the restaurant & most importantly there's aircon... ah... For the dim sums, their prices are averagely RM2.50 - RM3.50 per tray or per set (in 2 or 3 pieces). There are a varieties of dim sums that I wanna order but with only the 2 of us, cannot order too much lor. After ordering, warm towels were given to wipe our hands. I <3
I forgot what's this called, so I'll name it Crispy Cha Siu. The skin is very crispy. This 1 I likey.
Chee Cheong Fun - a varieties of flavors were offered; char siu, shrimps, scallops and etc. I had the char siu one. It’s somewhat disappointing as it was too soft.
Lo Mai Kai, is a kind of rice dumpling. It consists of glutinous rice with chicken, char siu, mushroom, water chestnut, and other ingredients wrapped in lotus leaf. I was disappointed with this too as it was too salty.
Har Kau (Prawn Dumpling on the left) was nice as the prawn was fresh. The Cantonese something Dumpling I like too bcoz it used vegetable such as celery and it was light & crunchy. The Pork Ribs in Garlic Oil were a NO NO was it was just salty.
Cha Siu Pao -- Okay okay la. Hubby prefer the ones at Padungan.
Ordered 7 tray or sets of food. The bill is ~RM30 for 2 person, inclusive of Tea RM6 (per pot I think) & towels RM2. There are so many others (egg tart, porridge, liu pau etc) that I have not try so I'll be back for more. Although half the food were a let down, but now I know which NOT TO Order anymore. I really do enjoy my time having breakfast here, it's like I'm in China.

No comments: