Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pre-birthday Celebration

Before we left for Bali, I belanja hubby, MIL & my brothers dinner at Secret Recipe as a pre-birthday celebration for hubby. I know I know I once placed this place into the BAD FOOD Category in Kuching but after so many months, I wanna give it 1 more chance, as it's the 1st Secret Recipe in Sarawak.

The ambiance is defined by great food shots, bloody red couches and white on white all around...

After ordering the food, veli the free so start to do stupid stuff like this... don mind my super oily hair, waiting for the 3rd day to wash as I just straighten it kekeke
Bro still shy even though nobody around at that time... hai... u know lar, Kuching's eatery is only HOT when it's still NEW.
The soon to be 30 years young trying to act surprise... actually that looked like a really nice hat!?
The drinks sux donkey a55. The chocolate drinks can't even b compared to my Cadbury hot chocolate.
Hubby & MIL ordered the Salmon. Hubby regret that decision & MIL could not even finished the dish. Irish Lamb Stew, both my brothers ordered this. I tried it once in KL. The lamb shank was tender & soft & the bun goes well with the sauce, better than Carvery. But rite after dinner, my brothers wanna belanja me beef noddle at old market o_0" go figure.While I had the Tom Yam Kung with King Prawn, more like stunted prawn lar. Flat rice noodles were used, the soup was too sour & spicy, not my cup of tea. It look so horrible I did not even took a photo of it. Ah... again a waste. man, I missed authentic Thai Tom Yam...

After the disappointment, in order to cheer me up, so I ordered 3 cakes...

Chocolate Cheese (Ithink that's the name). After tasted Hallie's cake, nothing can be compared to it anymore.
The Chocolate Brownies were GREAT!! At least one satisfying moment. Dunno why the hubby's face like that 1... The last cake was the White Chocolate Macademia... not sure the name but I can remember clearly it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... yummy...

Notice I ordered all 3 cakes with the word Chocolate in it... me = happy girl. But not for long though. When the bill came, I almost scream. Damn! It cost me almost RM200 (after including 15% tax @#$#$%^% my a55) for making a mistake of giving Secret Recipe's offering another try. That's like RM40 per person including the drinks & cakes.

Just go Ta Pau the cake, the rest is just not worth the money lar. Hopefully I'll remember this tip myself & not get con again.

No comments: