Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 7, 2008

Farewell

Hubby's boss has resigned, suddenly.

I, as the ke-po-chi of the "other" section (same dept with hubby but different section) arranged a farewell lunch date with him... actually it's my boss that suggested that we show our appreciation to him for all the years he has put into our company... Although sometimes we have different opinions & ways of doing things, essentially he made sure the end result would be desirable for all. He was an easy going kind of boss. Even until the last day, he sincerely smiled & seems very optimistic of the future. I wished him all the best on his future undertaking. I sincerely hope that he manage to open a new door that will bring him towards a brighter future.

When I ask him whether he preferred Korean or Western or Thai food, I was secretly hoping he would say Western as I missed My Restaurant. But he was the starring character so what he wanted overwrite mine. Our Thursday lunch date was at Korean Da-Om BBQ House at Jln Song. The food was pre-ordered since we only had 1 hour for lunch break. The lady boss was nice & everything was ready once we got here, food & seating was set. The soup were super nice, and as usual we requested for ramen to be taken with the soup but she told us "No more ramen". But after a while, actually we were almost finishing the soup when she turned up with the ramen & told us she would re-filled the soup. She actually went back to her home to get the ramen so that we can enjoy it. What a nice lady boss!

Overall the lunch was good. With 18 of us, the lunch only cost us RM285.oo. It's about RM 16 per person, we had soups, pizzas, stir fried beef with tanghoon, egg roll with cheese, rolled sushi and super nice "ikan bilis" & "pumkin cake" as the complementary side dish. Worth the $$ spend as I was so full & totally satisfied with the meal. The meal end of with a complimentary Ice Coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Farewell Dinner on Friday at Hai Pa Wang was also organized by me, aka the ke-po-chi again. I dunno why I'm always given this task. The food was a nightmare. I was so embarrassed. The RM90 per bowl of Shark Fin Soup was a total waste. Difficult to find any beef meat among the overflowing celery. Yucky Duck with Sea Cucumber. I can go on and on and on but decided to stop with this summary: The food was OVERPRICE & SUX. Only the BAKE CRAB was NOT CRAP. I think the chef has been changed. TOTAL WASTE!

4 comments:

Hokiepokie said...

who left ar?

faithlovechocolate said...

Mr Choi D W of the eqp group.

Hokiepokie said...

Oh i think i know him...quiet guy...

faithlovechocolate said...

yea... He's going back to Korea I think.