Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Asian Recipe Cafe

Asian Recipe @ 101 Premier Commercial Centre, just next to PosLaju. The place is with air-con & decorate nicely. Warm ambiance... which currently is a hot trend in Kuching eatery where wooden furniture is used, wooden decorative is used as wall features & stuff...
Our drink, Ice Lemon Tea & 3 layer Tea. Can guess how much per cup??RM3.50 per cup le... for drinks such as ICE LEMON TEA!! So ridiculous la... man I did not notice they serve plain water @ 20cent or I would hav ordered that as the tea not nice at all. wa$ted.
WOW.... the TOM YAM SOUP RM8 was served in a HUGE BOWL... I was really surprised. There was prawn, fish, squid & tomato in the soup. Quite cheap le. But for me, the soup was too SOUR & not flavorful enuf. Can only giv a B-Pineapple Fried Rice RM5.50 was a disaster. Once I whiffed the curry powder from the rice I knew it was gonna be bad. As we shared this, I scoop half of it to my plate & saw that I left a trail of oil stains on hubby's plate. It tasted nothing like Pineapple Fried Rice. Disappointed.The last dish was this ASAM PRAWN RM16, as I was yearning for something sour, something spicy, something explosive. I was like, OH YES! they are making up for the disappointment of earlier 2 dishes by given us A PLATE FULL OF PRAWN! ~ 8 to 10 medium size prawn le.BUT it was SWEEEEEEEET. The sauce was STICKY & THICK. HOW CAN YOU CALL IT ASAM PRAWN when I DON TASTE ANYTHING LIKE ASAM AT ALL???!!! TASTE LIKE SUGAR NIA. U know how we always savor the sauce that wrap around the prawn & even lick it off... hahahh.... but here I was scrapping it away to that I can eat the meat without the sauce lor.Overall, the food was below my expectation. Sigh... and here I tot got somewhere new & cheaper to satisfy my Tom Yam craving. man... wish I'm rich where I can hopped on a plane & fly to Thailand for TOM YAM whenever I wan...

No comments: