Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home Made Specialties, Ang Cheng Ho

2 weeks ago, I had a really wonderful lunch @ Home Made Specialties, Ang Cheng Ho with hubby's family. Locate at a corner shop opposite The Elephant. They offer steamed dishes, mostly in clay pot. I was apprehensive at 1st as it was open air & HOT le. Hubby's Aunt ordered most of the dishes & we were ushered up to the 2nd floor. I was very surprise to be greeted with this:
And it was air-conditioned le. Very clean & nobody else is around. Yay! While waiting for food to arrive, the monkeys made funny faces...Esther's food, Heng Hua Mee. She like noodles alot. Steamed Minced Pork RM6, it was fully loaded with salted fish, u can taste it with every bit. And the chili padi... power. Very small portion nia.
Herbal Chicken Soup RM6, I loved soup a lot.
Pig's Tripe Soup RM6, full of pepper. It was HOT HOT HOT! The "hu ju pork" or fermented beans pork stew (I made up that name bcoz I forgot what it's called) was very different. The taste is very strong, hubby hate it, good for me as I can eat more la. Others were commenting the kacangma was so-so only as my MIL can do better hahahah.
The price here is a bit more expensive than others but there are a lot of varieties... Despite the price tag, this place has a fair number of customer, who by the way prefer siting at the ground floor "open-air" Kopitiam la.

No comments: