Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, April 10, 2008

HK Day 2: Flower & Bird (Jan'08)

Woke up to greet a nice cool day.
Quickly got ready & happily skip to the streets.

We just randomly went into an old looking shop for breakie. The menu was in Chinese only ... Hubby ask me translate & u know lar how I always skip Chinese Class... cannot help also... so I just ordered Set A & B. It's a traditional old looking shop like the ones we usually see in movies where people eat with 1 leg high up on the chair, so how far can I go wrong rite?
When the food came then I realize I've ordered English Breakfast :(
Steak & Sandwich for Hubby, Sandwich & Pasta with Ham (totally tasteless, they just add hot water I think) for me. But the Milk Coffee & Tea was totally AWESOME!!
!

Hubby planned to bring me to the Flower Market. Jumping with Joy!
I love flowers & their scents
.
Hubby always take good pictures of the flowers for me... he so jimat no need to buy flower for me, just show me the photos enough liaw.I get to admire the colorful and sometimes odd display like this yellow thingy that looks like a type of fruit.Here I'm enjoying the sweet scents & admiring the exotic blossoms of real "Mei Hua" or bonsai Sakura tree... this made me wanna visit Japan even more & bath in Sakura sweet scents.These are the CNY Decor that I used to see people make for sell in Kuching. And here I get to see & touch the real stuff but I dunno wat is this called. Anyone??There's this root thingy that were everywhere. "Shui Sien Wang" I think & it look like onion (pic on the right) after bein peeled & clean:Here's the eccentric guy who keep on talking & talking in Cantonese but I don understand most of it as he spoke too fast:
Photo on the left the "Shui Sien Wang" flowering profusely. The above guy even got up & showed me his masterpiece (photo on the right). haha ... I had to whisper to hubby wat it was though, it's a swan by the way
I can never take such pretty photo like hubby:Actually not much of these golden "KAM" like in Kuching, a sign that CNY is just round the corner:I'll end the Flower Street adventure with striking yellow flowers: Then, hubby look at the map & we walked to Yuen Poh Street Bird Garden. Hubby brought me to see BIRDs ... hehehe....
An old man transferring his pet lovingly with the help of HUGE chopsticks:
The Bird Garden is the favorite gathering place for HK's songbird owners:
Feast to my eyes & music to my ears:
The market provided them with all manner of creature comforts, from intricately crafted cages to nutritious grasshoppers:
Some of the cage are wearing clothes (winter mayb??): Old man mimicking the songbird with the help of a small tool:
Spotted this funny street name : Seh Sa Lo or Washing Cloths Street:
I was expecting to see alot of ppl washing clothes by the street, but I was disappointed.

to be continue...

No comments: