Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, April 13, 2008

HK Day 3: Ocean Park (day) Jan'08

Today hubby brought me 2 eat the famous congee of HK at "Hoi Wong" or Ocean King. Traveling with hubby is the greatest bcoz he has all the info & bring me around like he knows HK, when this is our 1st trip here ... heheh.
The "everything in" congee , got pork, fish, prawn etc:
The "YING YANG" (mixture of coffee & tea) ordered was really nice. Really missed HK's tea & coffee. So full of flavor & not need 2 order kao kao bcoz it's originally like that oledi.

A visit to HK is not complete without visiting Ocean Park.
Nestled beside the coast on the south side of HK island, Ocean Park is only accessible by bus or taxi. Bein the kiam siap me, sure take bus, must jimat whenever can. yay ... my virgin double decker ride, sat on the top deck... wah... really exciting lor... so high up & at the front.. a bit scary lar as the driver drove like siao lang...
At the entrance to Ocean Park (via Tai Shue Wan): We hadn't even start visiting the park & already we were drawn to the fridge magnets... hahah... actually me only lar... I collect fridge magnet as it cost less compare to other stuff. Now u know I'm the Queen of Kiam Siap. Paradise, it appears, is entered via a souvenir shop called Treasure Palace.

1st up on the map to visit : the Flamingo Pond:

Then we were just in time for "Ice Spectacular", an ice-skating show. I was happy. I really this kind of show. Lotsa colorful lights & happy happy song... weeeee!!!!
There're Fire Throwing Act:
Pretty Dancing Ladies & Juggling Act:Looks like Genting. It's the escalator to the top, 3 of those actually. If walk I sure die.
This is the HK Island view from the top of the hill:
Here, the "Golden Kam" are everywhere as CNY decoration, and surprisingly it's not bein vandalized. If it's in Kuching, I cannot imagine oledi. I give half day for it to b gone. And those beautiful flower (again nobody touch le) hanging by the wall as you walk from 1 site to another:
Sea Lion!!! Sea Lion!!! Sea Lion!!!
So graceful in the water but a clumsy lump of fat on land...hehe, so cute to look at:I like the reflection of the water:
Come ... kis kis, good boy.Another highlight of Ocean Park is the cable car ride which links the two halves of the theme park. The cable car ride is so famous ... u know why??? Bcoz it's freaking INSANE!!! That's why!!!
Yea... it's long... and scary... and long... and mostly scary... but still long. It's scary but the view was AWESOME!!! The ride offers breathtaking views over the coves and beaches of the south side of HK island.

oh my... look... so much construction goin on, gettin competitive with Disneyland eh:High up in the SKY in a hot-air-balloon..the view of HK Island is so much better from air... wooohoooOOOO... dang... why do I have such good imagination??? I really wanted to but the balloon ride was closed for maintenance. Bad timing lar.
A fierce & intense looking owl, I likey:
Had lunch at Kids World Playground, wanted to ride the merry-go-round but veli paiseh as so many kids around.Ocean Park is a mixture of both zoological park and fun filled theme park. With the opening of HK's Disneyland, Ocean Park appears to be concentrating on the zoological aspects. There are 2 resident giant pandas, An-An and Jia-Jia, or ying ying *there goes my brain cell*The way to the PANDAs...
kawaiiiii.....I thought the Panda was so cute, that I planted a KISS on the cheek. And what do I get? A piss & something green sticky & smelly ... yay... The Panda relaxing in a state-of-the-art panda enclosure: Photo on the left is the Ocean Park Tower. The sign on the photo on the right is a seahorse. Remember the INSANE cable car trip, I needed to get back the other side for fish, shark & jellyfish, so another nerved wreaking ride.
We managed to visit the Shark Aquarium and Atoll Reef; but decided not to wait in the crazy long queue for Sea Jelly Spectacular.

The Atoll Reef includes a huge marine tank (a 3 stories high aquarium), with more than 2000 fishes in 250 different species of marine life… seeing this alone was probably worth the visit.

Japanese Garden was closed, so that end our visit. I did not try any rides as it look really really scary. Old liaw I think, cannot take the challenge anymore. Besides, there are so many other things to explore. Here's me waiting for the bus back to the CITY:
Although the admission charge is expensive compared to other HK visitor attractions, there are enough to do for an entire day's outing.

Pros
  • Excellent mix of education and fun
  • Fantastic Sea life section
  • Good rides *according to others lar*
  • Relatively short queues
  • Competitive price
Cons
  • Construction works taking place

No comments: