Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 9, 2008

my fussy tongue

Have not been updating about food as I was mostly disappointed rather than screaming of joy. So I've decided to blog about what not to eat ...hehhee...

1. Let start with Secret Recipe, the Spring. Only 1 comment, they should just stick to selling only those mouth watering cakes.

Salmon with idunnowatsauce (4/10):
Chicken Cordon Bleu (Ayam with cheese) 3/10. It doesn't look tempting rite, the taste is even worst.
The food served look so different from the photo in their menu. I did not rate them 1 or 2 because the environment set-up is quite ok. I like the black chandelier lights, very elegant.

2. Manhattan Fish Market, the Spring. Found out from Uncle Google that the chain was set-up by a Malaysian & got nothing to do with Manhattan at all. I tried in Kl before, the Fish & Chips was quite good. But now in Kuching, only 1 word to describe : Tasteless. But mayb they are goin the Trendy Healthy way with No MSG No SALT No FAT recipe. Bcoz it tasted exactly like that.

Muscles with cheese : 2/10 as it was tasteless & I did not even finished it & my mantra has always been "cannot waste food, African ppl in hunger le". So go figure.
Grilled Fish with rice : 3/10
Fish & Chips : 3/10and it was freaking expensive lor, despite the fact that they already cut cost on SALT, MSG & FAT.

3. Singapore Chicken Rice, Jln Song. hahah ... u must b wondering why on earth would I go eat at SCR when my company canteen are run by them. You wouldn't believe me but the quality of food served that I thought was different like Sky like Earth, was now wrong. I ordered Ginger Chicken & see what was served. More like Onion Chicken lor. Only 1/10 as SCR KaNaSai LIED to me!!!! Not even a hint of ginger can b tasted
.
4. Chicago 7, Eastmoore Place. It's a new kinda fast food style restaurant, and by NEW I mean they need to shout into a tiny microphone to communicate my orders to the kitchen hands, which by the way, is just behind her. hmm...macam copy burger king saja. & again this restaurant has nothing to do with Chicago.

Ordered Mustard Hotdog . Taste so-so, price RM6.90 was a bit up there lor, but still acceptable lar bcoz the place was nicely decorated. But I had to give 3/10 bcoz their service SUX. It took forever for my food to be served. Then I need to remind them about my drink. Then after 10 minutes, tell me "Sorry ar, milkshake habis". Cis... bagi tahu cepat cepat kalau takde, not like after 10 minutes. 5. Korean Da Om BBQ House, BDC. Was looking forward to eating Tang Hoon with Beef & Kimchi soup. Well, to cut story short, by comparing to Koreana, both was BAD. Unfortunately Koreana is closed until further notice as they are moving & renovating the new place.

Beef Tang Hoon: 3/10. the tang hoon used was too big in size (& bigger doesn't always mean better for me) & the I need to search for the slices of beef. No photo as it was too UGLY.
Bo Dea Ji Gea: 5/10. It’s steamboat with spicy broth made with pork, kimchi, ham, sausages, beancurds, crabsticks. and by pork I mean 1 whole tin of LUNCHEON MEAT which spoils everything for me. Look at the cheese melting on top. A sight to behold. Good to see, bad to eat.
6. Pizza Hut, Jln Song. Again I got cheated with the NEW flavor offered. hai .... the only good thing is that the cheese bread was AWESOME that came with delicious sauce.. The pizza, I already forgot the name : 4/10.
The waitress here talk so fast **goodafternoonhereisthemenumyfrenherewilltakeurorderin5minutes** I catch no ball so usually I just answered "ok" to everything lar. As always I get suckered into trying the new flavor also bcoz of can play stupid spin the arrow game to get free food. I ended up with Strawberry smoothies. Not bad le.
7. Elephant Cafe & Bistro, Ang Cheng Ho. I loved the drinks, a wide array of choice, yogurt to smoothies to ice-blended drinks. The drinks are rich in flavor & the fresh cream use is really FRESH & the portion is large. The problem is that's where the good things end. I've tried their western menu before & it SUX but I wanna giv it another try, but again I was disappointed. Last time, the beef is so tough, exercising my jaw until give up. This time I ordered Lamb. It was soft & too much blood although I ordered medium cooked. & it tasted bland too. So a 4/10 as the drinks were GOOD & the place is spacious & clean.

8. Home cooked meal attempt by me is the WORST among all. Period.

No comments: