Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 29, 2009

Momoyama Japanese Restaurant

Dinner at Momoyama, a Japanese restaurant located behind Wisma Phoenix, Jln Song Thian Cheok (the closed down Upwell). It's my 1st time checking out this place, courtesy of Gigaphoton vendors who are here all the way from Japan.I wanna steal this ceramic lamp at the entrance... so pretty... the Chinese character means family.
The comfy flats that I got for myself, got 1 for my mum too... This caught my eyes... I tried Fried Shishamo before but not broiled, so I ordered this. And it was a BAD choice. It was too fishy.
The complimentary side dishes, even got kim che. hmmm.... why this looks familiar ar, like a Korean Restaurant? Then I saw the Tau Ke Nio at the counter, the same from Koreana. No wonder there was 3 pages of Korean food in the menu!Sashimi! love love love... The Chicken Teriyaki was awesome too! The Tako, yum yum and it was the 1st time i eat frozen baby squid... really, it was cold with bits of ice.
Ebi tempura, that came with vegetables & sweet potatoes too. The prawn batter was a bit too bland, me no likey.
The shabu-shabu that I ordered! Look like a flower le?? The Japanese vendor was telling me that shabu-shabu means drugs (?!) Dadah! hm... ya lor, hubby reminded that we also got 1 type of drugs called "Shabu". I think we copycat again lar, as usual.
The pot of steaming hot soup where we put in the onions, mushroom, tou-fu & chinese cabbage 1st. 2 type of sauce was served.The beef was awesome. Just put a slice of meat in the boiling broth, then gently swish the meat back & forth. As soon as the beef turns color, it's ready. Hubby was singing "shabu-shabu" while swishing & those Japanese vendor laugh their head off. Hubby was havin fun practising conversing in Jap. He can hav a decent conversation in Japanese with them. Everytime hubby asnwered them in ni-hon, they seem so happy & impressed that they even quized him hahahah...

Business was slow as I noticed that we were the only customer that whole night. The food was not too bad, but the price was on the high side. I might come back to try their bento sets, more value for money.

No comments: