Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 4, 2008

Ristorante Beccari

Merdeka Palace H0tel is offering a special deal for diners during its anti-inflation campaign starting from July 08. Under this campaign, the second person from a group of two people will be charged only RM10++ instead of the usual RM59++ per adult. So normal price is RM 136 for 2 person, but with this promotion it's only RM 80. Cheap le?

I've opted for the sumptuous buffet spread of authentic home-cooked REAL Italian dishes during the La Casetta Etoole’ buffet at Ristorante Beccari on Sunday.

Get ready. Prepare tissues to wipe that dripping saliva...

Experience had taught me that I used to take too long enjoying the food that when it's time for dessert, all the desserts were long GONE!!! So I attacked the dessert section on my 1st round... yea, I'm kia su like that. Here's the delicious tasting fruit tarts! It would taste even better if there were whipped cream under those fruits.
And cakes cakes cakes! Chocolate cakes and cheese cakes... all YUMMY!!! except for Tiramisu.With my dessert safe at my table, I headed straight to the MEAT section & sapu the grilled prawn (only left 6), lasagna (so-so), stew ox tail (so yummy), fish fillet & lamb.
This record is worthy of an entry into Hari ini dalam Sejarah, as it's the 1st time evar that I've got salad from a buffet spread. The salad was chock full of nice crunchy greens, croutons and most importantly CHEESE!!! o.m.g the Roasted Beef was SUPER YUMMY!!!! It's my favorite dish of the night as it was full of flavor & tender too. The only dish worth taking about. YUMMY PRAWNs again!!! Too irresistible.
There's a pasta counter where u can mix & match the ingredients. Creativity is all u need. The chef is friendly. All the pasta dishes came piping hot & fresh from the cooking stove! I wanted linguine but it ran out so I ordered Penne Carbonara. There's spaghetti & u can choose to have bolognese sauce too. It taste great for the 1st few bites. Too much bacon & cheese make it too salty for me to finish the dish. Sometimes too much of a good thing is NOT good!
These are thin crust pizza with toppings of tomato, peppers, olives, chicken meat, pineapple, smelly cheese and pepperoni. All are very simple pizzas that tastes simply fan-freaking-tastic. The tomato sauce base has a spiciness to it which is a nice touch. Its worth mentioning that all pizzas are baked in this huge wood burning oven in the middle of the Ristorante. We can actually smell the wood-fire from the pizza. Noticed the chef preparing the pizza at the counter on the photo below. The pizzas are as fresh as they can b. It's usually gone with-in minutes. YumMie! Truly Italian.According to BoldBoss, this fish (pek chio) cost more than RM20 per kilo. He ate TONS. That's why it kept running out until SexyLips went & fight some for me. But by then I was too full to stomach it anymore. Only had 2 bites, I felt guilty, but limited SPACE in my tummy, wat to do??
These cutie cheese cake in bite size came out later on & hubby got it for me. It was soft & light, sort of like Japanese style cheese cake. This was GOOD!!! The fresh cream...ah....
The last on my MUST EAT LIST is the crepe! The ice-cream was delicious with the pancakes... oppss... crepes, with peanut, almonds, melted chocolate as filling & sprinkled with chocolate chips & more melted chocolate!Bon appetit!!!

No comments: