Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 24, 2008

PainT Ball Session

I went paint-balling (should correct term rite??) on last Saturday!! Yes, there's a place to play Paintball in Kuching and it's only open for like ~6 month. The place is situated at Pasir Pandak, somewhere on the way to Damai.

A colleague of mine, TallGuy was organizing a paintball session ... I jump on the opportunity to hav a taste of the so-called FUN & Exciting outdoor activity... it's gonna cost me RM50 per game ... but wat the heck... I'm a sucker for trying out new stuff.

The PRE-session started nicely at 4 pm with "ABC" & "ROJAK" & "CUCUR" at Boon Khai (hmm ..i think that's the name lar) near Thompson Corner of Satok area. I ate the most... muahahaha... bcoz I was the one who ordered everything... must hav enuf energy for the BATTLE mar... If die, also with NO regrets.

When we FINALLY reach the destination it was already 5pm (after getting lost by driving straight to Pasir Pandak Beach & then even makan angin around Kampung Pasir Pandak). The area was in total obscurity as not even a single sign board or banner to indicate the junction to the WAR ZONE. yo, people managing the p@intball business please take note. Then the SAFETY prep talk took like 30 minutes... my god so lo-so... summary:
1. Head gear or more appropriately Face Mask must b worn at all times, I repeat AT ALL TIMES in the battle field.
2. Cannot shoot ppl with-in 10 feet or they r gonna feel veli "SONG".
3. Neck Protector & Vest are optional. Those who think they r RAMBOO can go without those protector.
4. Handle the gun with CARE bcoz it's expensive & veli sensitive like women yo.

WE PROMISE TO ABIDE BY ALL THE RULEZ
... can we NOW start or you wanna wait until sunset???!!! Excitedly chose my face mask, wore my neck protector & the bullet proof vest. Sometimes it's not only about what you were doing, it's about your company! :D Noticed the ku-ku protector hanging there?? Those that really need it, like the guy next to me had the protector hanging above the ku-ku :P so this game is not recommended for really tall guys ... hahaha:Then proceed to get my GUN. I quickly ask for photo 2 b taken ... muhahhahah ... while others was busy practicing with a few shots at some bottle hanging like 10~15 meters away.
If I'm not mistaken, the smaller battle field area is about the size of ~3 basketball court. The area is covered with dry short grass and full of obstacles for players to hide. It even have a bridge in the middle of the area with a so-called small river that separate and mark each team's territory.

CREW: Everybody's gun tip touch the NET (that was surrounding the battlefield). Count to 3 then start. 1...2...3... Start.

I ran to the nearest protective area (a wall of woods). It was exhilarating as you feel as if you REALLY R in battle field with all the "POP POP POP" goin on... within minutes ... my partner was down...& screaming in PAIN... her forehead kena... I feel my heart beating faster now ... then trying to figure out where the enemies are & trying to shoot at them... a few minutes pass with all the Pop Pop Pop goin on and all my buddies was OUT .. I was the only 1 left ... How how how???!!! The enemy was closing in!!! I did what any honorable soldier would do ... Waving the WHITE FLAG ....**pictures was taken from the website promoting this game**

The battle ground is not large so it's not the distance that was tiring but the ducking of HIGH velocity (300km/hour) flying-colored pellets --dodging them as much as you can-- can be knee buckling, seriously. Then at the same time u need to "PainT" your opponents with your “GUN” as CHUN as you possibly can. Fun, real fun. Especially if you manage to shoot some1 right in the face or helmet which I din lar **sob sob** me so gagal I know.
**pictures was taken from the website promoting this game**

oh paiseh, I think I played for like 25 minutes or less, 2 rounds. In between there was a 5~10 minutes break. hehe...no stamina at all... old liaw lor...

I wore the MOST appropriate attire, with the army pants & an OLD faded green shirt plus the ALMOST ROSAK sport shoes to the battle field thinking I'll get bloody dirty & ruined everything. But surprisingly, I was pretty clean except some dirts at the knee areas & NO BRUISE at all. After hearing all the horror stories by others, I was hoping for the BEST & I got it ... hahaha...

1 thing that made the game very exhausting is due to the head mask. Although the mask protect your life in the game but at the same time, it's was very suffocating as you would be very excited in the game, causing slight difficulty in breathing... ok ok I was bein humble ... it's not slight but REALLY HARD TO BREATH. There was so many times I wanted to ripe the mask off and breath some fresh air but it is strictly prohibited in the field (remember rule 1 above). They R a few Marshalls or P@intball Polis inside the field to uphold the rules of the game (If you bend the rule they run screaming at you & slam back the face mask to position!!!) and ensure the safety of the players.

I opted out on the 3rd round as I was really dizzy from lack of oxygen (blaming the face mask entirely) & was pretty messed up that I needed 2 get seated & away from others. After puking everything out (hai ... wasted my B1g @pple donuts, ABC, cucur & rojak nia), I felled SO MUCH beeetter.

The owner of this establishment was promoting the BIGGER Battle Ground ~ 1.5 acre & even gave us a free tour of the area:
While every1 was busy taking a tour around the BIG P@intball Field, I was busy picking these:
What can I say? It's just really FUN FUN FUN! BUT it was very very exhausting while exciting at the same time. It's very hard to describe the thrill and fun of exchanging fire and charging into the next obstacles hoping not to get hit.
It was FUN,
EXHILARATING, HEART PUMPING EXCITING, EXHAUSTING, BREATHLESS, SPEECHLESS & SICKENING 2 (the puking part lor)

Come 2 think of it, it's quite expensive, but for the sake of trying something new, i think it's totally worth it though.

Overall despite the pain of my legs that I needed to endure for 2 days after the game due to over stressing the muscles, it was si peh FUN and I would recommend everyone to try this game at least once in their life time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it still available?how much it cost??