Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

crazy 4 donuts

In the past, Dunkin’ Donuts (DD) immediately comes to my mind when I think of donuts. I'll sure get some when I'm in KL. But recently a few new outlets has been mushrooming around KL & most recently Kuching too with the opening of Big Apple Donuts (BAD).

It has been a year since I had DD so I decided to refresh my lack of memory by getting half a dozen of it at KL Central. I got the Chocolate, Pineapple, Strawberry, Banana, Vanilla & Peanut butter
flavor.
After the 1st bite then I remembered why I always got the mini donuts (MUNCHKINS) at DD, bcoz it’s always too sweet with the JAM!!! So when it’s mini, the impact is less (I meant the sweetness). It’s still too sweet & I rather have fresh cream over jam anytime. Now that I had tasted BA, I realized that DD are heavier in texture & rather dry. BAD looks prettier 2. Nowadays, rarely can c people lining up to buy donuts at DD. But things are different at BAD & the other competitor, J.C0! People are willing to queue up & wait just so they can have a few bites of these yummilicious d0nuts!
The Q at BAD, Low Yat Plaza was thankfully short. One glance & I noticed that only 1 type of donut is not available in Kuching. It's called the Langkiwi!! (the top left green colored 1)
Aaahhh... many times better than DD!! Compared to DD, the texture of the BAD is so smooth and fluffy!! Heavenly!!!

By the way, if you are wondering how much 1 doughnut costs in KL, it's RM2. Meanwhile 1/2 dozen is RM9.50...dang!!! I pay RM12.00 for 1/2 dozen in Kuching, that's an extra of RM2.50... hhhmmpphhh

I wanted to try the famous J.Co donuts. At Pavilion, I can smell the donuts from faaaaaar away... and was excited bcoz J.Co is so popular now & the talk of the town & NOT available in Kuching. But looking at the ridiculous queue formed outside of the shop made me really disappointed.

With a heavy heart, I turned around without looking back & feeling REALLY REALLY SAD for not being able to try those IRRESISTIBLE looking donuts. The Donuts look "similar" to BAD though, even in the layout of the shop 2. Ah.. well, at least I'll have another reason to go back to KL next time! and Hubby was saying that CHEAP flights are always knocking at our door.

As I hav not taste J.Co, I'm curious which is better?
J.Co or Big Apple?

My sis-in-law recommended to try Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KK) while I was in Australia. She claimed that KK is the best she ever tried. After having a bite, totally agreed with her at that time. It was more than 2 years ago. I wanna refresh my memory of those heavenly donuts too!!! But sadly, KK is not available in M'sia.

Summary : Big Apple Donuts are so yummilicious that you’ll never touch another DD.

Do u agree with me?? What's ur favourite flavour??

No comments: