Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Boooooooksss & Conference

Weekends are the bestest as I can take my time & enjoy my breakfast at Causeway Bay. As usual, we had lotsa dim sum & we tried the Scallop dim sum shown below (RM6.60), but it was disappointing... not worth the money... My egg tart & cha siu puff & sio long pau made my morning. Total bill was RM32, never gonna order that scallop thingy evar again.
After we finished our breakfast, the x-mas stalls were opening for business. I was drawn to the used books section... hahah... too predictable rite?

Hubby picked this book "The Spirit of Christmas" (RM12)
Hopefully he will make good use of the creative holiday ideas in the future.
Me? I only had eyes for John Grisham. I got 6 books by him (RM8 each),
1. The Partner
2. Pelican Brief
3. The Broker
4. The King of Torts
5. A Time to Kill
6.
Bleachers.
All were still in good conditions. So happy with my purchase. Total 7 books for only RM48 as got 20% discount if more than 6 books... wohoooo...
Then we went to the "Times Warehouse Sales" at Permata Carpark. *GRIN* More books galore! But the books were not placed systematically, just rows & rows of books! I spent a long time there selecting books that I want.Some books are just weird...2 years 2 lateEven got Kabbalah for Dummies hahah... Student hav this book to pass their mathsSee... all sort of books are available, covering all needs.ok... below are the list of books I bought.
1. Good Faith - Jane Smiley
(just bcoz my name is on the cover)
2. Geisha - Lesley Downer
(Finally in soft cover and so cheap)
3. Love your Sex Life! - Lisa Sussman
(a guide for busy girl like me... hahaha)4. The Atlantis Blueprint - Rand Flem-Ath & Colin Wilson
(hubby picked this, anything to do with mysteries, even Bermuda Triangle amuse him )5. A Rough Guide to Hong Kong & Macau
(Ever since our last trip to HK, we hav been talking about goin back to HK someday, but our Jan trip has been cancelled due to AirAsia cancelled the flight)
6. the Devil's Playground - Stav Sherez
7.Paradise City - Lorenzo Carcaterra
8.Artemis Fowl - Eoin Colfer
9. John Grisham - A Painted House10. Fire Sale - SaraParetsky
11. Blacklist - Sara Paretsky
12. The Hanged Man's Song - John Sandford
13.Deficiency - Andrew NeidermanI'm happy to report that the 13 books only cost me RM122.00.

A total haul of 20 books today, not too bad, not too bad. My Christmas present came early this year.

p/s: any1 who wants to borrow any book just drop me a line yea?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in Inti College for 2 days attending a Baha'i Conference. Here's my name tag:
I've not returned to my college all these while. Even the Diploma Graduation I missed it as I was in MMU Melacca, too lazy to come back.Nice fountain in the garden.
Mum with Auntie Jenny, both so happy to see each other.
The crowd was BIG. People going back to the hall after a tea break.
My brothers were the "Volunteers" or ursherer for this event. Volunteers has a special band on their arm. A bunch of them make sure the event ran smoothly.My 2 handsome brothers, Collis & WilsonMy cousin-in-law, Uncle Lawrence was performing with the group on stage... Photo taken by my brother who ran upstairs & took this awesome view from the top.As the hall was not big enough due to overwhelming attendance, a live telecast to another hall was done simultanuosly. My youngest bro, William was in the children class but he seem to b the GIANT in that group hahaha... here he is bein punished for losing a game.In brief, the conference was to prepare us for the challenges and obtancles that we gonna meet. What we want archieve & how to archieve the goal.

No comments: