Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Typical Weekend

SexyLips were asking me the other what I do during the weekends. Well it's nothing much & special, just the normal stuff. Hubby & I don't really plan what we gonna do and just go with the flow. So, I'll just briefly tell you what my weekend activities are, or the lack of activities... hahahah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday:

10:00 am : Woke up to a very hungry hubby (poor baby).

11.00 am : Time for brunch!

Reached our destination of the day. Hubby suggested washing the car after breakfast & I kinda sulked & counter suggest we kill 2 birds with 1 stone, that's how we ended up at The Original Carwash (opposite of ING office at Satok area).

wow... a Ferrari 355 GTS on display with valid road tax le.
This place offer car wash services while dining at the same time. However, the car wash is more expensive than the normal one because of the technology used. Hubby opted for the wash+vacuum at RM15. Surprisingly it came with a FREE DRINK of coffee, tea or lime juice for the BOTH of us. Once you stepped inside, you do feel that it is an upscale-type of restaurant by the deco and lighting.

WIFI available... wohooo...
The menu is done by the founders of Bla Bla Blah, The Junk and The Living Room. I heard from friends that food portion is big and great for sharing. So we ordered only 2 dishes.While waiting for the food to arrive, I went out & supervised the car washing activities... and also to ogle at the HUMMER behind my car. I would not hav believe it existence in Kuching if I've not seen it myself.
Thai Chicken Wings RM15, which they promised to be finger licking good, and they were. There were 12 pieces of only the middle part of the wing though. The sauce were great.Pineapple Fried Rice RM12 was yummy. The portion was so big we did not manage to finish it. A lot of pineapple bits & raisin in the fried rice. The Mango & cashew nuts added a nice touch.We were given this to claim our car back after our meal. We paid RM42 for the wash & meal which is quite a reasonable price.
You can see many antiques outside the restaurant. Notice the dental apparatus behind the unique x-mas tree? Scary le.
Even selling fruits like mango & cempedak.
12:00 pm : Book hunting at Book Castle (Jln Keretapi)

Sharon told me about this place so I was on the look out while on the way home. Boy was I lucky to spot it. The place was packed with used books. Was having fun browsing the book store with hubby. Finally after more than 1/2 hr of browsing I decided to get 3 books by Sara Peretsky.
1.00 pm : Reach home. Hang clothes to dry (damn those t-shirts from Esprit all cannot be tumble dry... super ma-fan)

1.30pm : Facial Treatment appointment at Angeline's. Time for making excuses for my skin as lotsa complaint from Angeline that I don't use enough moisturizer.

4.00 pm : Movie watching time with hubby. Popcorn prepared, all you need to do is turn on the microwave HIGH for 4 minutes. The buttery smells is so good... getting into the movie watching mood. Hubby will start to complaint about the smells of the facial product on my skin when we sit together for the movie... haha...

6:30 pm : Time for dinner. Goh-Fun-Kee Klang Bak-Kut-teh.

Was slightly disappointed as we specifically told them no tau-hu but instead was full of it. We requested for meat balls & none was in sight. After some complaining a bowl of meat balls were added-in. But the yumminess made up for all the blunders they made. 7:30 pm : X-mas Decoration Shopping!

I love Christmas time even though I don't celebrate it. The decorations are so pretty & hubby has been hinting about a X-mas tree since last year. For this year, I gave hubby the green light to decorate the house so here we r at Green Gallery (BDC). Ngai-ti, most of the X-mas tree cost more than RM500. I even saw 1 that cost more than RM1000, me pengsang. So for this year, hubby suggested we do something very different, very unique.8.30 pm: Christmas Decorating our home.

We had fun as it was the 1st time we did any of these. RE-DO a few times until we were satisfied with the outcome. Will post more photos soon.
10:30 pm : Dessert Time! Got this awesome Oreo Cheesecake from hubby's aunt.
11:00 pm : Reading a book in bed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday:

10:00 am : Woke up to a very hungry hubby again.

11.00 am : Time for Brunch!

Headed for tHe Spring as we wanted to try out Kluang Station after GarfieldFam raved & raved about the Nasi Lemak. This was what greeted me when I walk into the mall. WOW... very creative! I like the BIG RED BAUBLES. So so so pretty!Ho ho ho! The most pretty season of the year is here.
It's my 1st time checking out Kluang Station.Hubby tried the Nasi Lemak RM4.50. He said it was tasted ok. I tried the Hainanese Lamb Curry with Roti RM6.80.I was expecting something like buns with soupy lamb curry, but instead I got a rather nice surprise of 2 crispy Roti Canai top with potato cubes plus a plate lamb meat chunks. It tasted good. The only complaint was there was not enough curry soup. Walked around the shopping mall admiring the X-mas decorations.
How can a trip to tHe Spring be complete without shopping at Ta Kiong?? Grab a few essential stuff & sales item like those prunes juice for 99cent each. Grabbed UNAGI & TAKO, plus the Japanese Rice & Mayo for a home cooked dinner. Sikit-sikit barang also cost most than RM100, must shop less nowadays with the economy so bad.
There was a guy in front of us with a trolley full of toilet paper rolls.

Me: Wa lan... the toilet paper must be CHEAP. Fast go grab some.
Hubby: man... HUMAN sure are FULL of SHIT.
Me: o_O"

The guy turned & looked at me... opppsss... paiseh oooo

This little stall called 1901 had popped up a while back in front of Ta Kiong. Loved the words on the stall, LOVE, PEACE, HARMONY!Guess which we tried?A loooooooong hotdog, called Chicago Beef, tasted yummy with mustard & tangy relish but quite expensive le at RM8. The hotdog is steamed, so contained less calories it claimed.
1:30 pm : Home sweet home!

Updating blog & blog hopping are some of my favorite activities during the weekend. Checking out what's happening & any juicy gossips. Poking into other people's life. very kepochi like that lar...

3:30 pm : TEA TIME!

Or more appropriately Cappuccino lor, with the muffins made by MIL & cakes by hubby's Aunt. I'm reading the book "A Cast of Smile" while hubby is reading the car magazine, a guy's thing.
4:00 pm :Time for Sunday Matinee.

I loved watching movies or TV series. I can spend the whole day glued to the screen. Sometimes hubby will sit with me if I chose a chick flick but even before half way through he will fall asleep 1 hahah...

6:30 pm : Dinner Time.
Decide to have a home cooked meal tonight.

The view from my window in the kitchen.
Dinner is ready! Yes, I don't care what other ppl think, to me warming up the smoked unagi is called cooking.
7:00 pm : Time for more blog hopping, see what is KennySia up to, who is pissing MichaelOii, wondering why Mahathir still so active at such an old age, what Anwar did in S'wak, why is Katie Holmes dressed up like an ah ma.... bla bla bla...

10.00 pm : What else but DESSERT rite?!
11:00 pm onwards is for me to dread MONDAY MORNING!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary: Hubby & I spent most of our time at HOME during the weekend just doing what we like to do.

2 comments:

Louis said...

so jeales.... how i wish i can have someone to share the weekend like how u did with your weekend.

faithlovechocolate said...

don worry Louis, your time will come. But i bet your weekend are more fun!