Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Damai Puri Resort & Spa

As a post birthday treat, a mini-get-away was planned. We arrived ~2pm @ Damai Puri Resort & Spa. I stood around for ~15 minutes before it was my turn and it was only 1 person ahead of me. I've never evar took so long in checking-in to a so-called 5 STAR hotel. The staff took quite a while checking my booking. Then after wasting another 10 minutes of my precious time, I was informed the hotel was fully booked yesterday, so we cannot checked in until 3pm if we want a clean room. So I request for a upgraded room, from Superior Rainforest-view room to a Deluxe Sea-view Room... and got it... huuuuurraaaay

While the cleaning lady do their job, we found our self a good spot under these coconut trees...

Armed with 2 bottle of cold Spritz, a pack of cool grapes...
plus some magazine, and we are set.
Let me show you a virtual tour of the place...

Le's us start with the pool. There are 2 swimming pools...

This is the infinity pool.

If I got ji-pa-ban X 20 , I wan this pool at my home

The Jacuzzi area at the end of the swimming pool...


This is the Kid's Pool.... got water slides le but the pool water very shallow, I don dare to try, later my bum-bum pecah...

Yea.. it sux as I got HAZY view of the sea... Why lar people must burn burn burn causing our life to be miserable?


We got to our room by 3pm. This chair caught my attention. It's so cute at a corner. I ask hubby to bring it home with us hahahahah...

The view from my hotel room... We cuci mata for a while but I quickly got bored of it. I was surprise to see so many ang-moh around...
Spectacular view from the balcony... There was an infinity pool in front of our room and then the sea beyond that.

2 chairs for us to lounge around but it was so HOT I quickly closed the glass door & stayed indoor hahaah

Reading lazily on the bed... hubby was super happy as the wifi connection was superb. Even got huge LCD TV in the room.

As a true Asian, typically Chinese, we only go out ~ 5pm when it's not so hot & all the ang moh has re-treated to their room... Walk barefoot by the beach, feeling the sand between my toes, swam in the sea (the water was so warm), listening to the waves...

FOOD! I'll start with something more cheerful... I LOVED BUFFET! The rooms came with 2 complimentary buffet breakfast. Here's a happy me enjoying free food!

ah... croissant with butter yummmm






Now moving on to a more unhappy me... because of the services this hotel staff provide, or the lack of. When we walk into the Restaurant, called Elements, there was no one at the entrance to show us our table. Then we were given the menu, with very limited choices...
We had a hard time getting the waiters attention $%&*^%@! ... after a long time, we finally ordered our food, the waiter said something about bringing the food out at once except for our dessert, I was not paying much attention & just said yes. So after waiting for quite sometime, although not many patrons, the food was served, ALL AT THE SAME TIME! How can appetizer, main course & dessert be served at the same time??!! I asked politely for him to serve the dessert after we finished our meal & he looked puzzled. WTF! The staff are just not educated, totally not equipped for the job.

Our appetizer was Duck Frivosomething (I forgot the name)
RM16. It was very nice. I like it a lot.Exceeded my expectation... nice greensHubby ordered Chicken Teriyaki RM24, for a pan fried sweet si-yiu Chicken with vege & garlic rice. Tasted so-so only lar... nothing special just very expensive.I ordered Fish & Chips RM24. Nothing to rave about, but the tartar sauce was nice. The most value for money dessert, Ice-cream of our choice, Vanilla... with lotsa fruits for only RM4.50. We were only expecting a scoop of ice-cream but instead we got strawberry, guava, mango, kiwi, pineapple, jambu & grapes too. It was fun dipping the fruits in the ice-cream & eating it. I will order this if I ever came back.After dinner, we took a walk... It was very quiet & nobody was in sight, feels as if you have the entire place to yourself! What more can one asks for?
Quite dark ooo...
Overall I enjoyed this trip, as long as I don hav to deal with the staff there. And please la put a door at the shower area to keep the WC area dry. I wouldn't pay the normal rack rate of RM700+ for the room though. It really wasn't worth that much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.