Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, August 21, 2009

You Choose To Be Happy

You Choose To Be Happy

Happiness is ultimately not in anyone else’s hands or controlled by any external element at all. It’s purely a choice you can make. As often as I can I choose to be happy. It’s not always as easy as that but by undertaking to change the way you think and create an ongoing positive dialogue with yourself you are both working towards the same goals - that’s you and your little voice - both aiming for happiness.

Remember what the sidewalk tells us -

“You Deserve Happiness”

Learning to be happy doesn't have to be complicated, and it's probably best when one can enjoy the simple things. I know my own life and work get to be quite complex at times, so that trying to find satisfaction is like trying to find my way out of a maze. Yet I seem to find the greatest joy from some of the simplest things,

Are you ready for the “magical” key to happiness?

I thought so! Here goes… (drum roll, please)…

The key to happiness is simply deciding to be happy now, no matter what. That’s right, no matter what!

As Abraham-Hicks reminds us:

“We are really advocates of just getting as happy as you can be—which takes care of everything. Even if you don’t have reason to be happy—make it up. Fantasize it. Make a decision that you’re going to be happy one way or another—no matter what. ‘

Tools for Happiness

Here are some tools that I have found helpful for keeping me happy throughout my day:


Set your intentions for the day

I begin my day by making my intentions to be happy. My intentions for the day might go something like this:
  • Today, no matter where I am, no matter what I am doing, and no matter who I am with, it is my dominant intention to feel good.
  • I want to feel good today, no matter what!
  • I want to be happy today, no matter what!
  • I want to do things that make my heart sing today, no matter what!
  • I want to act from inspiration today, no matter what!
  • I want to be grateful and thankful today, no matter what!
Focus on the positive

Whenever I notice any area of my life that feels less than positive in any way, I stop in that moment and try focus on at least five things that are positive about that area instead. Ideally, I try to write these five things out. However, if this is not convenient, I simply do it mentally. What I have found is that it can turn a negative situation into a positive one.


Affirmations for happiness

I have discovered that positive “self-talk” and affirmations can also be a powerful tool for happiness.

Here are some examples of suggestions and reminders from Abraham-Hicks that can be used as positive “self-talk” and affirmations throughout the day:

“I’m going to be happy. I’m going to be glad. I’m going to smile a lot. I’m going to be easy. I’m going to count my blessings. I’m going to look for reasons to feel good. I’m going to dig up positive things from the past. I’m going to look for positive things where I stand. I’m going to look for positive things in the future. It is my natural state to be a happy person. It’s natural for me to love and to laugh. This is what is most natural for me. I am a happy person!”

The key here is to not only repeat these affirmations, but to sincerely feel them too.

Be grateful

A variation of this “Focus on the positive” exercise is to think (or write out) at least five things that I am grateful and thankful for, whenever I notice that I am feeling anything less than joy in any given moment.

Live in the present

Life is lived in the present, one moment at a time, not, in the past or future. Our futures and memories are created in all of our NOW moments. Living in the present means staying focused on what is happening now, not what happened yesterday, or may happen tomorrow.

People who focus on past: mistakes, errors in judgment, words that were said with innocence, omissions, and disappointment tend to bring a great deal of negative energy into the present.

People who focus on the future: expectations, desires, hopes and "some day dreams" tend to miss the value, joy and wonder of their present moments.





1. Listen to your body's wisdom, which expresses itself through signals of comfort and discomfort.

2. Live in the present, for it is the only moment you have. Keep your attention on what is here and now; look, for the fullness in every moment. Accept what comes to you totally and learn from it, and then let it go.

3.
Take time to be silent, to meditate, to quite the internal dialogue. In moments of silence, realize that you are reconnecting to your source of pure awareness.Pay attention to your inner life so that you can be guided by intuition rather than externally imposed interpretations of what is or isn't good for you.

4.
Relinquish your need for external approval. You alone are the judge of your worth; and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks. There is great freedom in this realization.

5.

No comments: