Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking back

Bye bye 2008.

It was a bitter sweet journey that has went by swiftly like the wind, and I have unfortunately grown another year older and hopefully a lot more wise lar hahha..
.

Let's do a customary recap like last year.

In Jan 08, sort of for our 1st wedding anniversary, we took off and headed to Shen Zhen, China:
Then to Hong Kong:
Ended our adventure in Macau. It was the best trip so far which we both enjoyed so much that even before we left we were already planning to come back again. But with our Jan'09 trip canceled by AirAsia, I doubt we will make another trip anytime soon. Plus the economy melt down is starting to scare me. I guess it's time to start SAVING some $$.
Before CNY, I chopped of my hair o_O". It has been a looooooooong while since I had short hair. I thought it would be easier to manage but to me long hair are more manageable... I don't even hav to style it & just let it fall everywhere... like the above photo... but people kept telling me I look younger with short hair. Even so I prayed my hair would b long again soon.In Feb 08, threw a Japanese Theme CNY open house...Pulled the BEST evar APRIL FOOL Prank! It was so much fun.

Then a visit to S'pore in April as a surprise for MIL's birthday!
Virgin Paint Ball Challenge! yup, I destroyed my white t-shirt with pink bullet paint :PMy 1st Kayak Trip! I've promised myself to try something new & exciting. At 1st it was rather a bumper kayak ride and I mastered the kayak acrobat in mere minutes, getting all wet & bruised. ~FUN FUN FUN~Volunteered as a painter (Body Art) at PERKATA charity event. It was a productive way to spent the weekend. It really does give me sense of fulfillment knowing I contributed in someway.In June 08, yet another trip to Genting Highlands. I’ve been there like 48745650 time in my life, but surprisingly, I never get bored of those trips. What's not to like? It's cooling & breezy. A stop at KL before attending my best friend, Helena's wedding in Melaka. Top in my itineraries are window shopping at those NEW mall mushrooming in KL.

Got my 1st LBD!! I just realise that if I take pictures into the mirror I look slimmer :) bcoz in all the pictures I took at friend's wedding, I look like a big elephant.
haha... another trip to S'pore, #2 trip this year. Bought & haul back those IKEA stuff. Why Kuching NO IKEA 1??!! sigh...

Celebrated Grandpa's 80th birthday... It was a big gathering of all his children & grandchildren & great-grandchildren. But then my grandpa’s death hit unexpectedly after what looks like a winning battle against his illness. I miss you kong kong. Life is just not fair. It was also a reminder to cherish my loved ones.

A birthday outing to Damai Beach on 080808.In September, my blog turned 1! super yay!

In October, for the 1st time ever I organized a
Fund Raising Campaign. RM515.83 was raised for Habitat for Humanity(HfH). I cannot give enough thanks for all your generous contribution.

In November, a Vacation in Bali as a 30th birthday gift for hubby...
enjoyed the trip tremendously...
A visit to S'pore for the Christmas lights, 3rd trip of the year to the buzzling city. We were so captivated that it motivated us to decorate our own home too. 1st time sprucing up the our home with Christmas bling.Our 1st Turkey purchase & organizing a Christmas Lunch at home...Our Christmas gift to each other, a NETBOOK, the current craze. I'm in love. It's so sexy & slick & this baby is extremely portable and convenient.
2008 was a good year and hopefully 2009 will be GREAT too.


Here’s wishing you all many success in 2009 and hope it will be filled with joy, peace and love.

Happy New Year, my friends!

No comments: