Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 2, 2009

FASTING time!

Today I started to FAST. YUP! It's a special time for prayer and also involves abstaining from food and drink between sunrise and sundown for 19 straight days.

The 1st day is always the hardest!!! But luckily I'm ON FORCE LEAVE again. SO NO WORK for today! Yay! Usually after a few days, I get used to NOT constantly be eating & drinking.


So, the fast. Let talk a bit about the fast. I think fundamentally, even people of other religion fast for the same reason. I think it helps a person to focus on their essential spiritual nature. A time of spiritual recuperation.
"While you are practicing detachment from the physical world, you are reminded of your attachment to the spiritual world".

I hav stocked up on TONS of foooooood for heavy breakfast & supper. People were commenting that I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Taking the chance to slim down. To me that's a NO NO as past experience of starving myself (puasa time) hav proved that it will NOT slim down my arm, thigh or tummy, only can make my almost there boobs shrink. I will makan heavy supper to compensate the lost calorie during the day.

I once had a Christian housemate who fast 49 days. Have you fast before? How do you feel?

No comments: