Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 30, 2009

Home Cooked Meal

As MIL is back in S'pore, no more home cook meal for the past 2 weeks**sob sob**. Eating out every meal seems unhealthy. I volunteered to COOK for 1 month & see whether we can SAVE $$$

He was enthusiastic like me at first and we went crazy shopping for groceries. Both of us like loitering at the shopping alley & picked out the food that we want. Like this Chicken Tortilla Soup... very random just throw in the shopping trolley.
Then this Chicken Cubes is a MUST, to make everything taste nicer!
This Organic Whole Grain Cereal was a waste. It stated that KIDS WILL LOVE! so I tot must be sweet & nice but it was the total opposite... dang kena tipu again!Then I got Fish Fillet, which means must get the GRAVY too
Beef Meat Ball, so grab Pasta Sauce & Spaghetti too!
Getting the SHIRO MISO Paste means that Dried SEAWEED is a MUST!
WOW... ROTI Paratha with Onions... how can forget to get Yeo's KARI Ayam to go with it!
Cannot buy 1 nia, must buy A LOT baru ada ummppphh.Lamb shoulder... yum yum... must buy sauce to marinate it... MUST also get MINT Sauce too bcoz it taste great with lamb.
Bangi Beef Sausage looks good... MUST get MUSTARD to go with it!
That's how our fridge ended FULL with these stuff bcoz we keep getting stuff to go along with the stuff to make more stuff... pork, fish, chicken, prawn, beef & lamb semua ada. Not forgetting JUNK FOOD too lar, part of our staple food oledi.Some of the dishes that I made...
Unagi, Miso soup, Jap Toufu & rice with furikake topping. I got a box of Shisamo (pregnant fish)for RM6 only, such an amazing price, there were 8 in the box! what a pleasant find in Ta Kiong. I just fried it & ta-da...
We spent more than RM200 at Ta Kiong from the time I decided to cook last weekend.
Then there was 2 trips to 100% Discount Store. Then 1 trip to Choice & UNACO each to check out the green vege.After spending more then RM300 for groceries for home cooked meal goodness....
U know why? Looked at the photo below, once there was once an Inductor HUB at the blank square space. It DIED after just 1 week of cooking... it cost freaking ~RM4000 and it died when I just started to seriously cook $%$^&^*&(^%$# 1st, it was the clogged drain.
Then THIS!
sigh...
I think it's a SIGN from above that I'm NOT SUPPOSED to COOK at home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.... but all the dishes looks yummy le... And I still remember the sushi lunch at your place during the Chinese New Year, taste good too... You will be a good cook! Don't give up!

faithlovechocolate said...

my induction hob is not back yet **sob sob**

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

Retribution Paladin PvP

plumbing said...

How nice of you to do that for your family.
It is better to cook the foods we eat than ordering a grease bag from a fast food.