Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nikon love us love Nikon

Let me tell you why...

1st Camera : Nikon Coolpix 885the 1st Digital Camera that I bought with my puny $alary in year 2002. As a reward after starting to work for 3 months, hubby was not even working yet. Bought this as a toy for hubby. At ~RM1600, it gives me a 3.2 Mp, 3x optical zoom and a 1.5" LCD display. The hand grip is just the right size to fill my palm and the rounded edges are a snug fit to my shutter release finger. I have had some very sharp shots with good colors, but there is too much red in a lot of shots. I was lucky the shop owner wanna buy it back from me after using it for less than half a year although with a lo$$.

2nd Camera : Nikon Coolpix 4500Bought in year 2002 too, but at that time hubby & I were working already. At ~RM2400, it gives you a 4Mp, 3x optical zoom and comes with a 1.5" LCD display. I loved this camera as it offer a twisting lens design. And and a magnesium-alloy body. And and and macro shooting down to 2cm le. The Coolpix cameras have had this macro capability as one of their strong points & the Coolpix 4500 continues the tradition. Richly saturated colours and a shallow depth of field on macro shots were NO problem to achieve.

3rd Camera : Nikon Coolpix 5200Bought in year 2004, ~Rm1200, gives me a 5.1 Mp, 3x optical zoom and comes with a 1.5" LCD display. It only weigh 180g. The camera also features the same stylish grip design as the other cameras in the popular COOLPIX range. An easy-to-operate compact digital camera just a perfect gift for my DAD. This lucky camera has gone to more places than me, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Melbourne, Singkawang & Angkor Watt that even I've not been there.

4th Camera : Nikon D70Hubby bought the dSLR in year 2005 at Tokyo, Japan ~RM 4000, gives you a 6.1 Mp. Hubby even got a better lens (AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm VR) once he spotted it at Kuching's Top Photo camera shop for RM 3000. All I know is that hubby can shoot GREAT photos with this baby. I'm always intrigue to shoot with this camera but I'm too lazy to learn to fully manipulate this little baby.

5th Camera : Nikon Coolpix L16
I bought this today, for RM398 & it even came with a 1 gig SD card. Again as a gift for my DAD. U know why?? Nah, the Coolpix 5200 is still working fine, but I always noticed how my dad had a hard time looking at the LCD screen to take photo & view the photo after taking them as the LCD screen is so damn small. So this L16 is an even more PERFECT GIFT as it has a 2.8"screen. And also an upgrade to 7 Mp & a more sleek look.

Coolpix L16 'HUGE' 2.8" LCD screen:
Compared to Coolpix 5200 'TINY' 1.5" LCD screen:
Hopefully with this Nikon Coolpix L16 'Lifestyle' camera, my dad will be a happy snapper, who wants easy pictures without the messing around...

Another feature that attracted me was L16 takes 2x AA batteries. Means that power replenishment is everywhere. Bought 2 rechargeable battery + charger too at RM55, a bit pricier as the battery has a slower discharged rate. It claimed that even after 1 year, 85% of power still remained when not used.

By now, you should have noticed that every camera that we bought is a NIKON. Hence the title, NIKON love us love NIKON. And will continue to do so for a long time.

No comments: