Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

NO price tag


What is bought is cheaper than a gift. ~Portuguese Proverb


1. Nothing beats home-made cheesecake by my mum-in-law (MIL), firm & dense, with a slightly lemony flavor like New York cheesecake from Coffee Bean.
The type of cheesecake that's pure, unadulterated cheesecake with no fancy ingredients added either to the cheesecake or placed on top of it. It's not too sweet, just perfect.
2. Fresh home-made mini-mooncake made by MIL too. These are filled with bean paste that are not too sweet, a healthier option, that's the advantage of HOME MADE goodness. 3. These are "Ping Pi Yue Ping" (Ice Skin Mooncake) with Pandan flavored bean paste that's again NOT too sweet. This type of mooncake DON'T need to be BAKE. That's why it's FAIR SKINNED... kekeke... Again a masterpiece by my MIL. Yea, she's a talented baker I admit. I feel like the USELESS daughter-in-law now...sigh.4. WASABI NORI (seaweed)... wohoo... have been searching for this... Dennis got this for me in S'pore. Even gave me a copy of the Goodfood Japan, a magazine about Japanese food make simple.... cooool.and MORE types NORI... The nori are even pre-cut (good for lazy bum like me) for different type of wrapping like Yaki Onigiri &Temaki Nori... too cooool... 5. Swiss Chocolate from Amsterdam.... 72% cocoa... sometimes when ppl knows what u like, they get lazy and get the same stuff 4 u every time. But to me that's good, bcoz I never get enough of CHOCOLATE....muahahahha...
6. Hubby's Sei Ko (DIL's younger sis) make us some Coffee Cake with nuts topping. I so ENVY people that know how to bake cakes. The only cake that I know how to make is in the toilet kind. Homemade cake are always not-too-sweet, healthier and like how I like it (ok ok .... I cannot keep up with the straight face anymore... I admit I'm lying, I like sweeeeeeeeeet stuff, but people give 1 bor... must say ..hhmmmm... not too sweet, more healthy like that lor)... must learn to appreciate less sweetness in food, for the sake of my waist & tummy & thigh & arm ....7. Mummy dearest got me 2 more cactus, bought it from Sunday Market. The 1 below looks like blooming lotus, I loved it. Even got stem coming out that's not flower bud, but in fact it's baby cactus.This cactus is so lovely, looks like it's covered with flower all around... so pretty. My mum really got an eye in picking the cactus I likey. Thanks Mummy.
8. Some souvenirs from TallGuy who is back from Taiwan to renew his Visa. He got SO much interesting adventure in Taiwan... he's so lucky as he's gonna be there for another 4 months. Here's wishing that you have MUCH MUCH MORE 'ADVENTURE' there.God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.
Have you used one to say "thank you?"
~William A. Ward

2 comments:

fiona said...

wah.. cheesecake.. i want to learn leh.. faster learn from MIL then teach me leh...... i have been dying to make cheesecake but always fail.. either too soft or too hard.. i totally gave up..

faithlovechocolate said...

I always have wanted to learn MIL's Secret RCP... but a lazy ass bum like me who NEVER bake in her life... ada susah sikit...