Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, February 2, 2009

Niu Year Preparation!!!

Hubby was saying that 2009 will be a tough year so we will need all the LUCK in this world! And to help him obtaining this luck, he sought the help of a few ornaments used during CNY.

1st was this precious Shui Xien Hua aka "Water Fairy"... hahah direct translation cheena style!!! Hubby watered them everyday. In the morning once he is out from the bedroom, he walk straight to the balcony & look at them & willed them to grow higher!!!
These days, he has paid more attention to the plant than me! hmmppp!


2nd : The Lucky Bamboo, 8 stalks of them (my fav number). In Chinese spoken language, it sounds like "Fah" which means to grow, thrive. Hubby got the idea from Uncle Google to use Red Ribbons but I refused to help him as I though it would look ugly, but it turned out OK.

3rd : Cau Cai Jin Pau!


Let's moved on to my fav topic: The food!!!
The flowers were from my dearest mummy, pretty le?

The Chicken Pies & Quiches... yummilicious!!! These were made by Hallie. I also ordered a LARGE Chocolate Truffle Cake, the 1st cake to be wiped out.

The Quail Egg wrap with Streaky Bacon...

The Sausage Cocktail with Pineapple or Cherry Tomato & Capsicum.

Deviled Egg!! I got a lot of good feedback for this finger food **proud** My mum help me boiled 40 eggs and almost all were gobbled up to my surprise.

The Tuna Cucumber Boat!

All the 4 dishes above were my 1st attempt at making it & I myself would like to think it was a success **delusional** and people were asking for recipe, especially for Deviled Egg... hehehehhe

The Cheese Cake were awesome too... I ordered it from my mum's SIL. I'm lucky people around me are good at making yummilicious food, while I balance it out by being GOOD at eating food... kakakkaka. Thanks Daddy for cutting the cakes.

Got this from her too... home made PINEAPPLE Tarts are AWESOME! I got 3 different types, even got 1 with cheese le. I only buy CNY goodies that I myself like to eat.

The Fresh Cream Fruit Tart... with a chocolate base, I really loved these.
The Hong Kong Cake... or better known as Beehive Cake, another of my fav cakes. Going the healthy route, I served Carrot and Orange Juice for the guests. And special request for Coffee were popular too..

The popular Chocolate Truffle Cake... the last 2 pieces that I managed to store away in the fridge.

Our 1st evar CNY decoration item that we bought for our 1st open house 2 years ago...
The Lion Tissue Cover. It was a rare item at that time & only 1 store had it, selling for RM58. Nowadays, you can see this almost everywhere, 688, 100% or Green Gallery for less than half the price.

As it a moo-moo year, I place a lot of chocolate around the house like this BIG BOWL of Strawberry Cadbury Chocolate near the lion.
This post is making me very hungry... I'll continue after dinner...

3 comments:

Hokiepokie said...

Wow...Amazes me that you put so much effort in your decor and food preparation, eh?

I'll put your house as a "must visit" house next CNY, ok??

Love the lion tissue cover!! So cute! So appropriate :) Makes me wanna open house in Kch next year too...hehe.

faithlovechocolate said...

Jodie, u r welcome anytime to our home. I wanna meet ur cutie pie too...

The Lion tissue cover were from S'pore.

Hokiepokie said...

Hehe... Will try to go when free ar...:)