Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wedding Memories

MY OUR DREAM WEDDING came true 2 years ago today. I wanted it 2 b sort of traditional, but not too ma-fan. An event that don't take the WHOLE day. I'm lucky as my parent & in-law let US decided everything for the wedding (actually I did not ask them for their opinion, I kinda decide everything & just informed them). It went smoothly & I was so very very happy.

Everything was executed as planned in the HOTEL itself. No getting here & there & here & there. I get so tired by the usual wedding that I attend here where the make-up session start at the ungodly hour of 4 in the morning.

And I'm very proud of this wedding album that I compile...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1pm - Woke up pretty late as I did a last minute slide show until very very late. I checked-in at Hilton Hotel & let the make-up person did her magic... which I really do need!

Hubby had long hair that was PERFECT for this costume. The hat was a gift from MIL... but hubby's head is kinda too big... hehe

I loved my cameraman, Ah Fung... he managed to capture these magical moment...


Our hotel room #


A good luck KISS from DADDY!!!

The family portrait... in the background is my hand held bouquet of red roses... a gift from my mummy. She also bought 5 dozens roses that was used for the wedding ceremony centerpiece, the corsage for VIP, the flower basket rose petals and was all arranged by my florist without any extra charge.

Went for outdoor & indoor shoot at hotel as there was still time...

With my godparent & friends who came all the way from MELAKA!

The Chinese tea ceremony wedding started at 4pm at the Hilton Steak House (the tables & chairs were cleared out & replaced with 60 chairs line up nicely for the guest). The restaurant has BIG windows facing the hotel garden. I did not want the heat to kill me by having a Garden Wedding and the windows let me bring the garden into my wedding venue... I'm clever le...

Welcoming guests to the TEA Ceremony

More photos before the ceremony starts...

Serving tea to grandparents... receiving ang pau hehehe...

Serving tea to parents... the tea set is a gift from my parent, which actually is my parent's wedding gift from a friend from Germany. So technically the tea set is older than I am. It's a very elegant tea set.

Serving tea to hubby's Uncle & Aunts...

Serving to my side of relatives...

Siblings serving tea to us... our turn to give ang pau

Younger cousins took their turn too...


Me announcing to the guests that the Tea Ceremony has officially finished and to have some tea & coffee & cakes before the Bahai Wedding Ceremony start...

Hubby with his elder (left) & younger brother...

My cute flower girls & handsome ring bearers...

5pm All guest had arrived for the religious part of the Wedding Ceremony.

Ceremony started with prayers... read by my Dad's Sis & Hubby's Brother (who read from the Christian Scriptures)

My cousin Valerie read a beautiful Baha'i Marriage Tablet from the Bahai writings.


The exchange of wedding ring... right after reciting our own wedding vows... something along the lines of loving each other for the rest of our life...
and end with this: “We will all, verily, abide by the Will of God.” which is required in a Baha'i marriage. That was why we were holding the microphone.

Then we signed our wedding certificate... The gold pen is a gift from my dad... thanks daddy as I totally forgot to prepare a pen.

Then we supervised our witnesses, hubby's classmate & my friend, signing the document.

phew! The ceremony was over, hence the clapping & handshake! Thank god everything was smooth sailing.

We were officially married by 6pm... 2 years ago...


Wishing myself & hubby a Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary!!!
and many many more to come!
I love you, hubby!

No comments: