Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wedding Memories 2

The Wedding Reception was right after the ceremony. The guests moved from the Steakhouse to the Hilton Grand Ballroom...

The decoration was handled by the florist right at Hilton Hotel. I chose her as she is most familiar with the Grand Ballroom layout. I specifically request for the flower stand to be lighted up and wrap with organza. As the Wedding Color Theme was Gold, she used white & yellow flowers... a lot of Snow White Lilies were used which I totally adored... The golden candles were purchase from IKEA S'pore during the X'mas season.

The Dragon & Phoenix Ice Sculpture by the buffet table... Fairy lights on the stage was our idea too where it kinda flowed down from the top to bottom like a river...

The HUGE piece of card for guests to sign was made by my Bro & SIL.


Our theme was PERFECT PAIR, that was used as the Wedding Invitation Card theme too. These fragrant pears were bought in KL.

Matched-in to the Grand Ballroom... my flower girls were doin a fantastic job of throwing the rose petals hehehhe... The dinner start at 7pm on the DOT as I stressed again & again that I don care if people r late or whatever. NO RUBBER M'sian TIME!

Look at those vines on the MAIN Table... it was gorgeous... mayb I'm the only 1 that noticed it... I opted for a LONG table so that guest can see us ALL NIGHT LOOOOOOOONG... kidding... I wanted to b able to see everybody & it was something different... actually I request for something like the Harry Porter Style where long tables used for all the guest too but there was not enuf space...

The figurine of a couple hugging was the centerpiece at every table with candles around it and rose petals scattered about... The PERFECT PAIR Biscuit was a favor for all the guests...

We hav opted for a Western Cuisine Buffet... with losta desserts...

After taking like a million photos, then went to change into something more appropriate in a Ballroom.


Then we matched-in again... We were getting hungry & started to eat... I was waving from my seat to people like a celebrity le

Then the CAKE Cutting Ceremony... I loved my Wedding Cake Top, cost a bomb btw from Australia, that showed the bride dragging the groom forcefully... hehhehe...

Then we fed each other the cake... lucky no other kinky request by the guest.

During the Wedding Toast, as no Alcohol is allowed in Baha'i religion, we used Sparkling Juice which we got last minute in the supermarket as I totally forgot about it. Thinking back I should hav prepared a more SPECIAL Beverage, not the ~RM8 each bottle from UNACO... which taste rather horrible hehehehhe...

Hubby was havin a hard time opening the bottle so I help abit HAHAHAHAH... which was really funny. I was glad hubby chose this white wedding gown that came with a crop jacket. Hubby thinks the jacket looks elegant. My flabby arms would b horrendous without the jacket.

With our parent looking on...

YAM SENG in 3 different languages...

The ever cheerful crowd...

Then my dad walked me down from the stage and gave me away for my 1st dance with hubby, who was waiting at the dancefloor...

Our 1st Dance to Finally Found by Honeyz (which was OUR song since uni time)


Then we asked people to join us at the dance floor... but u know lar M'sian, all veli SHY 1... but my parent, Bro & SIL joins us... finally SexyLips too... too bad nobody else wanna utilize the dance floor.

The followed by millions of PHOTOs again....

Those large flowers were given away to my MC (cousin Valerie & hubby), my Aunt who baked those pear biscuit, my MIL & my mum. I announced this before the event ended so that those "Granny" don't just pull out the flower and destroy a pretty bouquet of flowers.

Those smaller bouquet on top of our main tables were given away to friends that make this event such a memorable 1. The Ceramic Figurine & Candle Holder were also given away as gift to the guest, which was gone with-in minutes after the announcement was made.

The dinner ended by 8pm & all were dispersed by 8.30pm. It's a record I think for those that attend wedding which usually drag on until 10pm.

I'm feel so blessed that everything went OK and I had the time of my life & loving it till today when I think back. It was a BLAST!!!

No comments: