Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Books for Oct

Book haul for October:

Thick cover books:
1. Lesley Downer - Madame Sadayakko (author of Geisha)
2. Jilliane Hoffman - Retribution
3. Jonathan King - A Killing Night
4.John Sandford - Hidden Prey

Soft cover & paperbag books:
5. Elmore Leonard - The Big Bounce
6. Mark Dawson - Subpoena Colada
7. Stephen Horn - Law of Gravity
8. Sara Paretsky - Deadlock
9. Louise Shaffer - Miss Margarets
10. Amanda Brookield - A cast of Smiles
11. Jane Stanton Hitchcock - Social Crimes

12. Anna Leonawens - The English Governess at the Siamese Court
Bought this for sentimental purpose. I remember watching the show as a kid with my mum & kept asking her all sort of question. I like the old version of Anna & the King of Siam movie, rather than the one with Chow Yuen Fatt in it.

13. Chris Morran on Company Time - Hardly Working
Hardly Working is the book totally for me... it contained precious little tips to make office life bearable...
It's also a book that my BOSS doesn't want me to buy, which means I MUST BUY... yea, I'm rebellious like that.
14. Nicole Beland - Girl nextdoor
Everything u ever wanted to know about women but didn't dare ask. hahahh... a perfect book for hubby. I've place this on his bedside table so that he can read it...

15. Geoff Tibballs - Dumbology
Had to buy this once I saw the word DumbologyY.. hopefully I can find out that I'm not alone making those blunders that I'm famous for. And I would totally hav fun reading other people's foolishness & f%^&*ps.
Total books bought = 15
That's gonna last me at least a few months...

So... what have you been reading??

4 comments:

Hokiepokie said...

wOW...Where do you find time to read SO MUCH???

faithlovechocolate said...

I take a rather long time to finish reading those book. ~2 books in a month. plus NO baby now... plenty of time in my hand

CHERRYSA said...

Where you get all ur books?

faithlovechocolate said...

popular bookstore, MPH & recently I got some books from Shalom that sell 2nd hand book.