Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 19, 2008

$$ - Last Goodbye - More bookssss

Woke up around 8.30am, VERY early on a SUNDAY morning to ask hubby this very important question: "R we rich now?"Hubby answered sadly, "Nah. Only kena 2 numbers nia"
That 'VIP' = Very Important Paper has now turun pangkat to that pile of 'Rubbish'... Nvm lar... HOPE is still there... Everybody else is also doin the same thing as the winning prize $$ is still 20 mil...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Today, I had a important appointment with some1 who has always been a strong willed & a super healthy lady. She is my dad's sis's MIL. I know, I know... potato relation but still we were a close family. She was rather strict but let us monkey climb the rambutan tree to get the fruits when we were kids. She was a keen gardener & planted a lot of vegetables around the house. But today I said my last goodbye to her as I paid my respect to her before the funeral procession start. She laid there looking so peaceful. She went away in her sleep with a smile on her face. She was 90+ years young & smoked till the end le.


I make a fool of myself as I said rather chirpily when I met my uncle, her son, "GOOD morning!" When I realize it, it was out of my mouth, very loud & clear... sometimes I'm really pissed to be me.

peacefulpeaceful peacefulpeacefulpeacefulpeacefulpeacefulpeacefulpeacefulpeaceful

Stumbled this book at Popular Bookstore BDC but did not buy it lar... I just wanna take a picture as my name is splash across it...
I passed by Shalom Bookstore (next to RHB Tabuan Jaya) & saw the BIG banner saying USED BOOK for SALE & could not resist it. I was soooooo suprise that the WHOLE store was selling nothing but used books. I just went around picking up stuff that sounds interesting to me.

5 books that caught my attention:
1. M. J. Rose - Dellilah Complex
2. Yoshiko Uchida - Samurai Of Gold Hill
3. Danielle Steel - No Greater Love
4. Danielle Steel - Bittersweet
5. Frank B. Gilbreth Jr & Ernestine Gilbreth Carey - Cheaper by the Dozen

"Rose has written a steamy & sexy novel that keeps the adrenaline running until the very end. Sex, romance, and murder are artfully combined to produce a page-turning novel that shouldn't be missed." --- New Mystery Reader

When I saw this praise for Rose, writer of Dellilah Complex, I grab the book & safeguard it in my hands. I loved MURDER storyline.

Samurai of Gold Hill
must be really really really old, just look at the cellophane tape color that hold the plastic wrapper. I went & checked, the book is older than me, published at 1972.

This book is about a boy who wants to be a samurai.
The 2nd hand books were price from RM6.90 ~ The 2 books by Danielle Steel were thick cover le, only cost RM8.00 each.
Cheaper by the Dozen... a book with Steve Martin's face on it must be really farnie 1. Without wasting another minute I just took the book. I din know Tom Welling (superman) & Hillary Duff were in the movie... will request hubby to download this movie for me.By the time I got the 5th book, my bladder was calling for relieve. Paid RM 34.70 & quickly cabut. I'll be back for more treasure digging in the future.

This is the 1st time I'm buying used books from a bookstore le... very excited. Is there any where else in Kuching that sell used books too?

I would be happy exploring them.

2 comments:

@pple said...

Book-castle at Jalan Keretapi also sell 2nd hand books.

faithlovechocolate said...

ooo... Thanks. I'll b on the look out if I passed by there....