Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Go Plastic-less

I've just realize that my cooking oil had expired since June 08 o_0" yaiks... I did not realize about it until now. I usually used the oil for frying egg only. I think it's a clear indication that it's high time for REAL shopping for REAL food. Ta Kiong here I come!

BoldBoss had advised that Olive Oil is a better choice, as it's healthier. But he din warn me that there are so many choice of OLIVE OIL, Virgin, Extra Virgin, Virgin Light, Virgin Light Taste, Virgin Rich Taste etc... wah... how to choose le... at the end I choose Bertolli, sound very Italian, I likey, EXTRA VIRGIN RICH TASTE RM24.50 (500ml). Quickly search what they stand for once at home.

Extra Virgin:

• Each word has its own definition. The “Extra” part of the term means the olive oil contains less than 1% free fatty acids (primarily Oleic acid).
• The “Virgin” part means the oil was not processed beyond pressing and filtering. Almost all other oils (such as Corn, Canola, Sunflower, Safflower, Cottonseed and Soy) are not palatable as pressed or extracted. They are all refined in some manner.

Now I know why the word EXTRA cost so much more....
Missed the OLD EL Paso's Dip (RM16.60) that taste great with corn chips. I searched high & low for it & thank god I finally found it. Only 1 type of flavor available, Cheese n Salsa...yum yum yummmmyyyy with Chachos Original Chips. I like this drink sooooooooooooooooo much!!Ya know which?Yup, Bundaberg Ginger Beer, but actually NO alcoholic content le.During checked out, I gave the cashier my "I'm not a plastic bag" bag but it was not big enuf.
More appropriately, Go Plastic-less... Next time I'll need to bring more bags. Bought too many items, in total 24. Mostly are fruit juice & junk food, except for the last 4 items for a Sushi Party tomorrow.How about you? Do you support this act of going plastic-less??

I've just started & people do look at me strangely and I was laugh at too. Hubby was saying that in a 3rd world country like us, majority don't really care about the "environment" but I believe bit by bit, together we can hopefully make a difference.

2 comments:

Hokiepokie said...

I tried that ginger beer before. I think it is v.v.v.v. sweet leh...:P

faithlovechocolate said...

that's why I likey :P