Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mr. HO ho ho's Fine Foods

It has been months since we last dine at Mr. Ho's Fine Foods, Crown Towers. I really missed the mussels & pasta here.
This photo is taken by Esther... She's quite a talented photographer.
Started with a salad set with Warm Bacon & Walnut RM19.90. I like the bacon, nicely grilled. And the green vege was fresh & crisp. The chef added "Yu Chang" or fried garlic, a different taste from the normal Sesame Oil or Balsamic Vinegar. The Walnut were not really fresh I think as there's a smell, a NOT FRESH smell. For salad, we usually just pick & choose the ones that we have not tried.The appetizer that I miss the most is Mussels in Chilli Cream Sauce RM15.90. I really love the cream sauce with the bread. Sooooo creamy can die.....Crispy Roast Pork with Apple Sauce RM18.90. Why the apple sauce? I don't really like that combination. I just loved the pure estacy of biting into the golden crispy roasted pork skin. This is another 1 of the side dish that MUST order when dining here. The set came with mashed potato & cauliflower.My SIL ordered this Asian Pesto with Bacon RM14.90. Your eyes are not playing tricks, it's really green in color.A lot of parsley were used for this dish. A bit too fragrant heavy for me, as the cream were mixed with parsley too (thinly chopped). Not your typical pasta dish. Try this if you really like parsley.
I ordered my usual Alfredo Pasta RM 14.90. I like my pasta creamy & cheesy... my SIL had 1 bite & scream SooooOOO creamy!!! Well that's how I like my pasta & Mr. Ho never disappoint.
Hubby ordered the Pork Chop & Bratwurst RM22.90. The pork chop was rather salty, the taste is below par. The Bratwurst is good but the portion is rather small, and size does matter.
My MIL ordered the Prawn Pasta RM19.90 that came with 3 medium prawns & a small portion of roast pork. I forgot to take photo of this dish. The pasta is slightly spicy & not too creamy. I still prefer Alfredo any given day lar.

I think the price are really reasonable too. And dining on weekdays are great without all the crowds as the dining area is quite small.

No comments: