Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

Dinner at Carvery

It has been years since I last came here. A few years ago I insist hubby belanja me somewhere special to commemorate our anniversary & he 'surprise' me with Carvery Buffet. Their buffet style is very different. The meat is cut or served immediately on the diner's plate. That why the name, CARVERY! Then you can request more serving for the ones u like. I remember getting so full by the time we finished the 1st round.

Since the German Chef left & open 'My Restaurant', I got no reason to go there anymore. But unfortunately My Restaurant was closed, so we decided to drop by the forsaken Carvery & give it 1 more shot.

The wall decor at the restaurant entrance... very creative. I cannot remember if it was here when I came here years ago.

Esther : "Am ar!" **dark ar**
Meant that she cannot take clear pictures as it's too dark, all blur.

Esther veli 'hiau', she took this picture of the 'kakak' waiting to serve.
Each of us got a super salty soup of the day... Almost all did not finish the soup...
It was a quiet evening as we were the only ones there...
Although there are no other patron, we waited for quite a while before the food were served. Appetizer was the Salami Salad with egg & cheese. Did not like it, as it was flavorless, no dressing at all le. NO likey.
Hubby ordered the Sarawak Black Pepper Steak RM38. According to hubby it tasted ok & it came medium rare as ordered. Carvery Sirloin Steak RM25 ordered by BIL, he complaint that it was full of vein.
I ordered the Lamb Cutlets with honey 'something' sesame seed RM38. Tasteless & the sauce was a disgraced, just salty. No lamb smell at all le...too good a cover up.
BIL & SIL ordered the Lamb Shank RM26, came with either pasta or potato. BIL complaint that the meat is too tough & even Secret Recipe taste better than this.MIL ordered the Organic Chicken RM18 or RM22 I forgot. The dish was send back to the kitchen as it was not cooked. Not a satisfying meal at Carvery. The soup sux, the salad sux & my main dish sux. It would be another few years before I forget about this meal & come back... by then hopefully the restaurant still here lar & serving better food

No comments: