Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, October 31, 2008

Something Different

For my BoldBoss birthday this year, I wanna do something special for him as he will be stepping into the world of the BIG 3-0... finally...

At the back of my mind, I've always been interested in the HfH (Habitat for Humanity) build that Calvin & SexyLips took part on Merdeka Day. Sure it's a TIRING workout but nevertheless a great experience. I was trying to find out more about the HfH & I found Georgette blog from Calvin's blogroll & stumble upon this post & inspired me to do the same for BoldBoss. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone is my specialty. It would b something different, plus it is towards a worthy cause. I believed that together we can make a difference.

That's how I started... by preparing a collection box & placed it at a strategic place. Noticed my cute BoldBoss face?
I started to e-mail every1 & told them about the HfH, which is an international non-profit NGO devoted to bringing families & communities in need together with volunteers and resources to build decent, affordable housing for the poor (I cut & paste from Calvin's post hahahah).

The response was GREAT! Don't underestimate these coins... a total of RM95 were from coins alone.I kinda BUG my colleagues e.v.e.r.y single day to support this... all my blackmailing & threatening skill was put to good used as a total of RM515.83 was collected.

As I did not know how to passed the money to
HfH I left a comment in Georgette blog & told her I would pass the money collected to her. But she suggested that we meet at the HfH office at 2 1/2 mile shop houses (same row as Au Yang Dental Clinic) & give the $$ to them together with her. That's how I ended up at the HfH office on a Friday afternoon, with Calvin as the driver & Terrence as the Bodyguard, don play play le... $500 alot le. BoldBoss did not join as he had to attend a emergency meeting.

All this newspaper clipping on the board at
HfH office & I noticed some of the houses were build in year 2000 (??) wow... and to think I've never heard of them before this.Habitat provided houses for people regardless of race or religion.As a small token of appreciation for all that donated their hard earn $$, I gave out small packet of biscuits or chocolate...
Again, 10 Q for supporting this Fund Raising Drive & made it a success as we manage to exceed the target of RM300 initially set. You all really are a generous & kind bunch of people & I'm glad we r colleague.
The receipt were made out under BoldBoss's name as a gift on his 30th birthday & the money collected will be put into good use.

p/s: ok ok I admit the gift tag were printed in the office lor... but the biscuit & chocolate were MY snacks lying around the house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

faith (& georgette),

ur blogz has been "poked" -- chk out: http://habitatkuching.wordpress.com/

well done, my beauties...

faithlovechocolate said...

aahhhh... kena poked is FUN

Hokiepokie said...

This is such a great birthday idea. Nice job :)

faithlovechocolate said...

Thanks to all that donated precious $$...